Tickets for the helicopter services running on Katra – Sanjichhat – Katra section for Mata Vaishno Devi can now be booked online. The return fare from Katra – Sanjichhat – Katra is Rs 2,010 and the one-way fare is Rs 1,005 (as of September 2018). After confirming the ticket online you need to carry a valid identity proof such as PAN card, voter ID card, driving license, passport etc.
I believe this will certainly help a lot more people (mainly physically challenged / unfit or old aged) to visit the holy place and surely is a very warm and welcome step by the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB). Thanks to them for the same as perhaps now my parents can also try to attempt this divine pilgrimage.
You can use the official website to book your online tickets for Helicopter services of Mata Vaishno Devi – http://www.maavaishnodevi.org
Vaishno Devi Helicopter Tickets – Online Booking Process
Below is the detailed step by step process on booking the Maa Vaishno Devi helicopter tickets online.
- User Registration on Maa Vaishno Devi Official Website: Register by clicking the ‘New User Registration’ and provide all the details.
Only one user registration is allowed. It is best to register from a network from which you are sure that no one else would have registered before. Otherwise, the website will not allow you to register. Use your mobile network may be if nothing works.
- Select flight datetime and check availability: After successful registration, select the date, route details, flight and number of passengers. Check the availability and start entering passenger details.
One user can only book a maximum of 5 helicopter tickets from one credit card or debit card in a month.
- Enter passenger details carefully: Make sure you submit the correct details, double check before submitting the final step. Once, you submit the details it cannot be changed. Many people make mistakes, so I will recommend that you check all the details twice.
- Make the payment: Enter the credit card or debit card details for processing the payment. On successful payment, you must take the print out of the reservation slip and note down the transaction ID. The transaction will start showing in the Successful transactions history of the home page.
- Check transaction status for any errors: When you are making a reservation and a technical problem happens, make sure that you check the transaction status.
If the transaction status is successful, then you do not need to do anything. Now, you can take the printout of your reservation using the re-print option.
In case of the failed transaction, you can retry a new reservation. If the amount has been deducted, you can send the email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ for processing of a refund. You should provide the transaction details including tracking ID number / Trace number, user ID and transaction date.
You must send refund requests within 30 days of travel otherwise no refund will be issued.
- Take printout of Electronic Reservation Slip
Once you make the online reservation, you should take the printout of the Electronic Reservation Slip (ERS). This will need to be presented with other required documents including original credit card or debit card along with a valid photo ID address proof. Also, you must save the Transaction ID somewhere for all future references.
If you cannot take the print out of the ERS, you can send an email to ‘email@example.com’ within 48 hours of the transaction date.
Cancellation Policy of Vaishno Devi Helicopter Tickets
- You can cancel the helicopter tickets booked online using the official website only. The cancellations cannot be requested over the counter or other means.
- You will get 70% of the fare in return and 30% will be deducted against processing charges.
- You can cancel your helicopter tickets up to 4 days in advance before the scheduled date of travel.
- The amount will be refunded to the same account through which transaction was done.
- In case of cancellation of the helicopter flights from Katra to Sanjichhat or Sanjichhat to Katra due to bad weather or other technical reasons, a full refund will be made to you. In such a case, pilgrims should submit their online Helicopter ticket to the respective helicopter operator.
Important Note – Vaishno Devi Helicopter Tickets
Please note that www.maavaishnodevi.org is the only official website of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB). You should use only this website for any online purchases including the purchase of helicopter tickets and SHOULD NOT use any other unofficial means to purchase the tickets. The above-mentioned rates in this article are official rates and only taxes are extra to be paid with it. SMVDSB do not have authorized any travel agent to sell helicopter tickets. Hence, you should not pay any other charges to an agent as it is not allowed officially to purchase tickets by other means.
Important Questions – Vaishno Devi Helicopter Tickets
Q1. What documents are required for Vaishno Devi helicopter tickets?
You should carry the original Credit Card or Debit card with which you have purchased the helicopter tickets for Vaishno Devi yatra. In the absence of the original credit card or debit card, you will be denied boarding without any refund.
In addition, you must carry original valid Photo ID and Address Proof for yourself and everyone in your group, without which boarding will be denied. The documents which are accepted are Passport, Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Voters ID or PAN card or any Credit Card with Photo.
Q2. How much time helicopter takes from Katra to Sanjichhat?
The helicopter ride takes just 8-10 minutes from Katra to Sanjichhat and similar time it take to return from Sanjichhat to Katra.
Q3. Do I need to purchase helicopter ticket for my child?
Children below two years of age are allowed to ride free provided they are carried in the lap of the parents. In case of a dispute, you may be required to present the copy of your child’s birth certificate. So, do carry it with you.
Q4. When should I reach the helipad to board the flight?
You should reach at least 1 hr before the departure of your helicopter flight to Katra or Sanjichhat. If you do not reach in time, you may be marked as NO SHOW and no refund will be issued in such a case.
Q5. How far is Katra helipad from Katra bus stand?
Helipad is about 2 KMs away from Katra bus stand. You can either walk / hike or take local auto / taxi to reach the Helipad and board your flight.
Q6. How far is bhawan from Sanjichhat helipad?
Vaishno Devi bhawan is about 2.5 KMs from the Sanjicchat helipad. The gradient of walk is low and simple, you will easily reach bhawan in an hr or so from Sanjichhat helipad.
Q7. How many passengers travel in Vaishno Devi Helicopter service?
The helicopter will carry 5-6 passengers in one flight.
Q8. Can the helicopter flight be cancelled?
Yes, the Vaishno Devi helicopter flights are subject to weather, visibility and flying conditions. If it is unsafe to travel or fly, the flights will be canceled. The full refund of tickets will be issued in such a case.
Q9. Where can I send complaint or suggestion about Maa Vaishno Devi Helicopter tickets process?
You can send an email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ for any complaints or suggestions on the Vaishno Devi helicopter tickets process.
You can also send your complaints or suggestions by a mail post to the following address:
Deputy Chief Executive Officer,
In-Charge Operations Wing,
Office of the Chief Executive Officer,
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board,
Katra District Reasi J&K, PIN – 182301