Kahwa is a traditional green tea preparation consumed in the Kashmir Valley. Kashmiri style tea – Kahwa tea is an aromatic green tea prepared with boiling water, cinnamons, cardamom and garnished with saffron and almonds.
Now a day’s people are being more health conscious. Now they have started to believe in tea without milk. They just love the variations of green tea or black tea. For them here is Kashmiri style green tea called Kahwa tea or Kashmiri tea or Kashmiri kahwa.
- 5 cup water
- 3 inch cinnamon
- 4 – 5 cardamom
- 2 tsp kahwa leaves
- 2 tbsp saffron water
- Sugar according to taste
- Heat water in a pan.
- Add cardamom and cinnamon.
- Boil water for 5 – 7 minutes on medium high flame.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add sugar. Stir well till sugar gets dissolved.
- Add kahwa tea leaves. Stir well. Cover the pan using lid.
- Keep it aside for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Strain the kahwa tea in another pan.
- Add soaked saffron water. Stir well.
- Pour the kashmiri style kahwa tea in glasses or tea mugs.
- Garnish the kashmiri kahwa with blanched almonds or silvered almonds.
- Serve warm during tea time and enjoy this healthy kahwa tea with your family and friends.
- Note : You can replace the sugar with honey.
- If you don’t have kashmiri kahwa tea leaves, you regular green tea leaves.
Let me know your experience!