VFS Global manages visa applications and carries out visa tasks for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in India.
VFS Global is also responsible for providing general information and administrative services pertaining to all the Temporary Resident Visa such as the visitor visa, study visa, work permits, and travel documents for permanent residents of Canada. The online application allows the applicants to extend their visa validity while it also facilitates the platform to immigrate under the skilled worker category. Applicants under the age of 18 are required to furnish a letter of consent from parents or legal guardians.
From processing the visa applications, sending out notifications to returning the passports with visa decisions, Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC) offers a broad range of services to the visa aspirants. Additionally, CVAC also manages the visa interview appointments. CVAC has nothing to do with the application decision since that task is carried out by IRCC.
Types of Canada Visa
Business visa: A business visa is given to people who want to travel to Canada temporarily as a business visitor. You can only obtain this visa if you don’t plan to enter in the labour job. The visa is only valid for 6 months.
Tourist/visitor visa: A Canada tourist visa is given to people who wish to travel to the Canada for tourism or recreational purpose.
Work visa: A Canada work visa is given to people who want to travel to Canada for work on a temporary basis.
Study visa: A Canada student visa is given to people who want to travel to Canada for education programs. Application process for Canada study visa will be same but requirements or fees may vary.
Documents Required for Canada Visa Application
- Your original and authentic passport, with at least two vacant Visa pages.
- 2 recent and recognizable passport size photographs with white background and no border. The photos must have a significant face coverage, and matte or semi-matte finish. Your name and date of birth must be mentioned at the back of the photo, and the photo should not have been used in the previous Visas. It should be clicked within past 3 months.
- A Proof of Employment from your current employer. It can be a salary slip or an appointment letter or No Objection Certificate (NOC). These documents should clearly include the applicant’s all details related to the current job.
- You should have a bank statement which displays all the transactions occurring over a period of last six months, which must include all kinds of transactions like foreign slips, property purchases, fixed deposits, occupational viability etc.
- A cover letter for your Visa on the letterhead of your company.
- Download the appropriate forms from. Checklist the relevant options and state your purpose of visit in the forms.
- Fill out the application form and attach all documents.
- Pay Visa Application Fees as per the Canadian High Commission Office.
- Visit the nearest Canadian Visa Application Centre (CVAC) and submit the application after making the payment.
Points to Remember
- In off-track cases, the consular(s) may need extra documents or extra sittings to assess your Visa requirement.
- It is entirely up to the consular’s office and his/her decision stands whether to approve your Visa request or not, and the decision might be based on several factors such as duration of stay, the purpose of visit, your employment background etc.